Trustee with financial experience
|Job Title:||Trustee with financial experience|
|Contact Name:||Lynn Ladbrook|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2021 09:37|
PCRS is a multi-disciplinary, membership society of respiratory interested generalist and respiratory specialist health professionals working in primary or community settings. We provide support, education, guidance, and unique respiratory expertise.
We're looking for a Trustee with a financial background to assist the board and CEO to make sure that effective financial procedures and controls are in place and to ensure the financial activities of the charity are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- To work with the Board to ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations, including providing public benefit
- That the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the resources of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity's funds
- To work with the CEO and Board to oversee the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts, and advise the Board and CEO on key financial process, controls and responsibilities.
This position requires the following specific skills and experience:
- Knowledge of SORP /charity accounting and tax regulations (VAT, corporation tax) as they affect Charities from both a strategic /governance perspective and at a more technical level
- Competency (excel skills and accountancy knowledge /skills) to assist the CEO in the production and analysis of quarterly management accounts with robust forecasts in a format that can be readily translated into the format required for the statutory accounts
- Good communication skills and ability to provide a simple narrative explaining the management accounts to the trustees and what they need to pay attention to
- Knowledge of the broader regulatory framework affecting charities and specific issues related to Charity law (eg fundraising regulations re donations or commercial participation being two examples from the last year)
- Broader legal knowledge and understanding (employment, commercial, data protection, IP etc ) to for example critically review / negotiate contracts, manage staff /contractors and/or explore mergers /alliances etc
Apply by sending CV/Covering letter stating interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 5pm on 31st March 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's