|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Melisha John|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2020 17:16|
To govern My Life My Say's (MLMS) in line with its charitable objectives and to maintain oversight of the organisation’s financial affairs on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
To provide guidance to the Board of Trustees and Chief Executive on financial stewardship of the organisation in line with the strategic aims.
1. To oversee MLMS’ compliance with statutory requirements relating to the accounts of a registered charity before these are presented to the Board of Trustees.
2. To oversee the presentation and content of MLMS organisational budgets, management accounts and long-term forecasts to ensure these are appropriate to a company and a charity.
3. To be a sounding board for the Chief Executive and to work in partnership with the Executive.
4. To draw any major financial concerns to the attention of the Board of Trustees and Chief Executive.
5. To support the review of the reserves and risk management policies.
6. To propose and monitor the investment policy in line with MLMS Policy.
7. To meet with the external auditor without the Director of Finance at least once annually.
8. To present the accounts to the Annual General Meeting and draw attention to significant points.
The person specification for the Treasurer includes the essential criteria for all MLMS Trustees as well as specific skills relevant for the role.
1. Professional background in accountancy.
2. Interest in financial management
3. Interest in investment strategy and understanding of this in a charity context.
4. Experience of overseeing risk management – preferably in a not for profit organisation.
5. Understanding of the management and legal requirements of a UK registered charity.
6. Prepared to make difficult and demanding recommendations to the Board.
7. Skills to support the CEO.
Term of Office
The term of appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal for a further one terms of three years. Trustees work on a pro bono basis.