|Contact Name:||Sara Sheerin|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2020 12:16|
The Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF) is a Christian charity that is passionate about enabling people of all ages to grow in faith and understanding of the Bible. BRF resources the spiritual journey of individuals and the mission and ministry of local churches.
Today BRF works with two main constituencies: individuals and churches
- Individuals – resourcing individuals of all ages to grow in their Christian faith and understanding of the Bible
- Churches – resourcing the mission and ministry of local churches
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website: www.brf.org.uk
The role of the Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the charity’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
The responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- keeping the board aware of its financial responsibilities
- being assured that the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs
- ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
- monitoring the charity’s investment activity and ensuring its consistency with the charity’s policy and legal responsibilities
- ensuring that the accounts and financial systems are audited as required by law and any recommendations of the auditors implemented
- chairing the Finance Committee meetings (four per year)
Treasurer person specification
In addition to the qualities needed by all Trustees, the Treasurer should also possess the following:
- financial experience and business planning skills
- some experience of charity finance
- the skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- the ability to explain financial matters to people who don’t have specialist financial knowledge
- a preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the Council
This is an unremunerated role. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
For a full applicant pack, please visit: www.brf.org.uk/get-involved/jobs
How to apply
Please email your CV together with a covering letter, outlining how you meet the skills and experience required, to Sara Sheerin at email@example.com.
We will review applications as they come in and schedule interviews as required.