Kingston upon Thames
23 days ago
Kingston Chaitable Foundation
The Kingston Charitable Foundation (KCF) was formed into a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) (No. 1190241) in July 2020. KCF has taken over ‘Love Kingston’. Since Love Kingston started in 2012, over £92,000 has been distributed in grants, to various local charities. Love Kingston’s Covid-19 crisis appeal raised £20,000 for grants in 2020. The Endowment Fund, at the start of 2020/21, is £115,000 and set to support our increasing level of grants to communities.
KCF works with donors who want to give something back to their local communities and charities / organisations with charitable purposes providing vital services for local people and disadvantaged individuals.
Whilst the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames (RBK) is seen as an affluent London Borough, this apparent prosperity masks pockets of high deprivation. As austerity potentially continues post Covid-19, alongside local population growth, it is anticipated the need for KCF as a “Place-based giving scheme” will grow.
To provide the required support, companies, individuals, families and Trusts can donate monies for crucial grants or establish a long-term fund with KCF.
KCF is seeking a Treasurer to join as a Trustee and take over from the current Treasurer, who is now the Chair.
The main responsibilities are to:
- lead on the Board's duty to ensure proper accounting records and kept and financial resources are controlled in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Prepare budgets, management accounts and annual financial statements for Board approval and present financial reports to the Board;
- Oversee the charity's financial risk management and report on financial health to the Board at regular intervals;
- Ensure that the Trustees are properly informed about their financial duties and responsibilities;
- Keep the Reserves Policy under review to ensure it is appropriate and provide advice to cope with changing circumstances.
The Board meets once a month (currently via Teams) plus planning an annual Board Awayday. There will also be email exchanges between meetings.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in the position and what you think you can bring to the role to Tony Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th December 2020. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in early January.
To find out more about us, see www.lovekingston.org.uk or email Tony Mills on email@example.com.