22 days ago
Description for Ham and Petersham SOS Treasurer
- Oversee the financial affairs of Ham and Petersham SOS (HAPSOS) and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff and Trustees to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow Trustees aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- At year end write the Financial Report, produce the Statement of Financial Activities and Balance Sheet for approval by the Trustees and then submit (with all supporting documentation) for Examination.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Liase with the appointed Payroll Company where necessary regarding: Salary payments, Pensions, PAYE and NI payments
- Appraising the financial viability of plans and proposals.
- Reconcile bank statements each month.
- Oversee payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly