|Contact Name:||Alexandra Walker|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2020 21:40|
Purpose of Role
The Treasurer provides leadership in the strategic finance of BAFM, by:
- overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation, with the Finance Working Group, and ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice;
- ensuring proper financial records are kept and that effective procedures are in place;
- monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the organisation;
- overseeing the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- providing advice and financial projections to the Council to support planning of BAFM activities.
He or she is a trustee of the charity by virtue of being a member of the Council.
The Council provides governance to the membership of the British Association of Friends of Museums (BAFM) and creates strategic direction.
Day to day banking, managing subscriptions and memberships and administering ht ei surance scheme is done by ou p/t contrcated Administarator so do not form part of this role although the Greasurer will provode some oversight. Accunts are appoved by an external examiner.
For informatal discussions contact Alex Walker, Chair@bafm.co.uk
For details see https://www.bafm.co.uk/join-us/volunteer/