|Contact Name:||Louise McDade|
|Job Published:||September 02, 2020 17:40|
Join us in Creating a Brighter Future in Bolton
Bolton Together is the children and young people’s voluntary and community sector consortium for Bolton. We are recruiting three new Trustees to support the collaborative.
This is an exciting time to join the Board having recently secured significant investment to extend our emotional health and well-being offer. As a collective we reach the 73,000 children and young people, and their families in Bolton, working collaboratively to improve their quality of life, provide high quality services and make the best use of resources.
As a Trustee you will have
- The chance to improve health & wellbeing of young people and families
- Influence to shape innovative projects
- An opportunity to become part of a small, committed Board who are driven to provide the best person-centred services
The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and financial records and procedures are maintained. In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, duties of the Treasurer include the following:
- Overseeing, approving, and presenting budgets, accounts, and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising with any paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies
- Ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
Treasurer Person Specification
- Enthusiastic and motivated to work collaboratively.
- Motivated to improve children and young people's lives
- Financial experience and skills
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Be prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
Trustees meet monthly for two hours via zoom. This is a voluntary role.
New Trustees will have an informal induction and an opportunity to participate in training. All out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
For an informal chat about the role, email: firstname.lastname@example.org