|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2020 15:21|
New Forest mencap are looking for a Treasurer to oversee the financial standing of the charity.
New Forest Mencap is a small local charity that works with vulnerable individuals with a learning disability, their families and local communities to improve their social inclusion.
We work to provide solutions and enhance understanding of the strategic choices and practical actions that society can take to understand and improve the lives of those with a learning disability.
Each year we directly benefit around 100 individuals living in the New Forest Area.
We are small local charity that works with vulnerable individuals with a learning disability, their families and local communities to improve their social inclusion. Your financial expertise will help us continue ensuring our charity’s sustainability by providing proficient monitoring of our accounts and budgets. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee planning/budgeting processes in participation with the Board and constructively challenge where required.
- Ensure all strategic plans are financially appraised and budgets are aligned to both short-term and long-term objectives each year.
- Create greater security and accountability to improve management of financial systems
- Liaise with staff and trustees to prepare and produce management accounts regularly.
- Board level liaison with external auditors on specific issues in the auditing process and related board representations.
- Guide and advise fellow trustees to formally approve the annual report and audited accounts.
- Explain technicalities of accounts in plain language which is fully understood by the trustees.
All Trustees must be 18 years and over and have excellent communication skills with the capacity to express themselves with authority
- Experience/background in financial management, accounting, commercial awareness and/or knowledge
- Knowledge of charity SORP would be ideal, but a willingness to learn about charity finances is acceptable
- Have a commitment to the aims of New Forest Mencap
- Have a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort, including attending Executive Committee and other necessary meetings
- Have strategic vision and be able to understand and assess risks
- Have good, independent judgement
- Have an ability to think creatively
- Be willing and able to express their views and opinions
- Understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Be able to work effectively as a member of a team and to maintain good working relations
- Adhere to the Nolan’s seven principles of public office: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
- The Treasurer would need to dedicate 3-5 hours per month in addition to attending monthly board meetings
- The Board meets at least four, and more often six times a year in New Milton. Meetings last for around 2 hours
- Board appointments will initially be for a term of 3 years which may be extended to a second term, or more.
How to apply
All applications must be sent to the TrusteeWorks team. In order to apply, please send your CV and cover letter, in which you explain why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would contribute to the Board.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's