|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||TrusteeWorks team|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2020 14:43|
KeyRing Living Support Networks are looking for a new Treasurer to lead on the oversight and scrutiny of all financial matters, advising the board of Trustees on the Management Accounts, Financial Governance and other related matters to ensure KeyRing's long term security and success.
KeyRing was established over 25 years ago and works across England and Wales. We support people with a range of needs to live independently in their own homes and be part of their local community. In our traditional networks a group of people live close to each other in their own homes and receive flexible support from a volunteer who also lives locally. We now have a number of different models including community hubs and networks with additional support hours but we remain true to our values of community, mutual support and volunteering.
This role will provide you with variety. We are an exciting prospect for anyone joining our board as KeyRing doesn't sit still. We look to innovate in both the way we are funded and how we deliver and you would be part of that. Our people love working here, and most trustees stay for many years, becoming as passionate as we are about KeyRing. The financial aspects are varied also as we explore different ways to operate and attract business so you won't be bored and will be useful for anyone wanting to develop a more rounded skill set in finance or sector knowledge, or hold the interest of someone with many years of experience.
The role is for a Trustee, who will also take the Treasurer role in time, further to an introduction period to the organisation and shadowing of the current treasurer. Our articles say that trustees can serve on the board for a maximum of nine years and the treasurer is coming up to that now.
The organisation has a turnover of around £4 million. We have a Finance Manager who is the most senior person in finance on the staff. The Treasurer’s role is really key therefore, in generally overseeing the quarterly accounts and scrutinising the financial reports, as well as Chairing the Integrated Governance Group.
The Chief Executive is delegated responsibility for day to day management of the financial activity of the organisation.
The Treasurer role will;
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff and trustees to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow trustees aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them, including those who may have different communication needs
- Regularly report the financial position at Board Meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, viability etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place,
- Purchasing approvals over £10k
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors
We are looking for someone who understands the importance of strong governance and who is passionate about enabling the people we support to make real changes in their lives and communities.
If you have experience in overseeing the financial affairs of an organisation, ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice, monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the organisation and able to explain this in plain English you could be a game changer for KeyRing.
- Knowledge and experience of current finance practice relevant to voluntary organisations.
- Good knowledge of financial management
- Experience at a senior/advanced level of managing a Finance team/service.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate complex financial information simply and clearly, with a range of people, including those with different communication needs.
- Good understanding of Governance Requirements for Voluntary organisation, especially with regards to Financial Regulations and Board best practice.
Also important though, is a passion for what we do and believe in and the ability to bring a strong skillset to support us in achieving our brand new strategic plan.
KeyRing is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Quarterly meetings mainly held in Central London on Saturdays. Occasional evening Board meetings, and some other requirements to attend quarterly Sub Committee meetings. Overall there is an approximate requirement of 8-10 days per year to allow for training and Board Duties.
How to apply
Please apply via Reach Volunteering or email your CV and supporting statement to the TrusteeWorks team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's