about 1 month ago
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our friendly and committed board of trustees.
KCN provides vital support to unpaid carers of all ages. By providing your financial support to the board you will be helping to ensure that the organisation continues to carry out its invaluable work for carers in the community.
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and report to the Board and CEO regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Acts as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Experience of working in the Finance sector.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to the organisations cause and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy, understanding of HR issues, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
What difference will you make?
Providing sound financial management to the board is essential in ensuring the organisation can continue to carry out the invaluable work they do to support people of all ages who care for someone.
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a friendly and welcoming team who all share a passion for the work of the organisation. Trustees are also encouraged to attend the continuing events and activities which are held throughout the year by the organisation. For example, drama events and outings which are provided for young carers. Attendance at events such as these is encouraged as we feel it is important for our Trustees to see first-hand the work of the organisation and the impact KCN has on its beneficiaries.
- The Board of trustees meet once a month – typically for 2 hours from 6.15 pm on Wednesday. There is also a AGM.
- Board meetings take place at our office at 418 Ewell Road, Tolworth. KT6 7HF
- Trustees are also invited to attend team day away days with staff members
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please provide you CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.