|Location:||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2020 15:03|
Join the largest women’s organisation in the Vale of Glamorgan, Atal Y Fro.
Your role as a Treasurer will be essential to make sure that Atal y Fro can continue supporting vulnerable people in the Vale. This is a rewarding opportunity for you to bring your skills and experience and help our organisation become more sustainable and secure the provision of our services in the future. You will be part of a warm and welcoming team, including the Board, staff and volunteers, who all willing to go the extra mile to ensure the organisation continues supporting those who have been affected by sexual violence and domestic abuse.
The Treasurer is responsible for all financial aspects of the organisation. They ensure that proper accounts are kept and prepare and present budgets for the Board’s consideration. They must ensure that the Board is regularly and appropriately informed about the organisation’s financial situation, so it is important that they can present financial information in a simple form that everyone can understand. The Treasurer should also ensure that funding is spent on the items for which it was given.
The Treasurer has an overview of:
- General financial overseeing
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting
- Liaison with finance staff and with the auditor
- Control of fixed assets and stock
- Helping other Board members to understand budgets, cashflows and finance reports
- Spot checks for financial procedures.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Have a commitment to working towards breaking the cycle of domestic abuse and for the right of women and children to live and enjoy their lives in a safe environment
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Appreciate the objectives of the organisation, why it exists and how it operates
- Be committed to preparing adequately for all meetings
- Be able to offer and accept constructive statements
- Previous experience as a Trustee/Treasurer
- Knowledge of charity SORP
Please note that all Trustee appointments for Atal y Fro are dependent on a basic DBS check due to the nature of the charity.
The Board currently meet once a month and one annual general meeting.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please send you CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.