|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Will More|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 16:25|
After 3 years of sustained growth Mind in Somerset are recruiting a Trustee Treasurer
We are a local mental health charity serving the people of Somerset. We are part of the national Mind network, and, like other local Minds, we run as an independent charity with our own strategy, funds and leadership.
Every year we support hundreds of people managing their mental health and other aspects of their lives - now we need your help. We are seeking a Trustee to join our board.
As a Trustee, you will be joining a charity in a strong financial position, with an ambition to build on our successes and growth over the last few years. We will be looking to build on existing activities and also bring in innovative new projects. We are seeking a qualified accountant (or qualified by experience) for this role who cares about our mission and helping Mind in Somerset develop.
We are a friendly and welcoming organisation and are passionate about what we do. You’ll be joining our Board of Trustees at an exciting time with lots of opportunities to build on our success over the next few years. If you have the time and enthusiasm to be part of something amazing, please get in touch.
We welcome applications from those with experience of mental or emotional distress.
If you would like to apply and/or find out more about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TREASURER – ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Oversee the financial affairs of Mind in Somerset and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Provide financial advice to the Board independently
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the charity.
- Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them. Be responsible for finance and financial governance training.
- Regularly report the financial position at Board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance, etc.).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with the external auditor
- Chair the Finance and Operations Group
- Be responsible for the professional development of the Finance Manager and any other staff with financial responsibilities
- Ensure that the reserves policy is updated regularly and keep the trustees informed of free reserves position regularly and advise on how to cope with changing circumstances.
Qualified accountant or qualified by experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's