|Salary:||Unpaid voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 16:42|
Carers Worldwide develops and promotes cost effective, sustainable and easily replicable methods of providing support to carers in low and middle income countries. We are looking for a Treasurer to oversee our finances in addition to advising the board and CEO on charity finance.
As Treasurer you will help to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. In addition to this, we're also looking for someone who wants to contribute to discussions about the expansion and development of our services as we enter our new strategic phase.
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and reports to the board regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Acts as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed and invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
Our ideal Treasurer will have:
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Qualified accountant would be desirable.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Skills and experience in commercial strategic planning and business management.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- An interest and commitment to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Candidate must be a proactive board member who can help to take the society forward.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
What difference will you make?
This is a vital role for the Organisation, helping ensure the charity continues their support for unpaid carers in low and middle income countries. As a trustee at Carers Worldwide you will have a real opportunity to offer your unique skill set to help the strategic progression of the charity.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will be joining a friendly and professional board who are committed to the work of the organisation. This is an exciting time to join us as we are entering our new strategic phase, which focuses on increasing our reach and impact.
- Three board meetings a year.
- Board meetings are held in central London.
- Liaison with management approximately once every two months (after initial induction). This can be done remotely or face to face.
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.