10 days ago
FoodCycle is an award winning national charity delivering volunteer powered community dinning Projects across England. We are looking for a Treasurer to oversee our finances in addition to advising the board and CEO on charity finance.
The Board is made up of very engaged trustees who work well as a team and are keen for FoodCycle to grow. As Treasurer, you will need to spend time reviewing FoodCycle’s finances prior to the Board meetings, and at any other time as necessary. We will invest in training and mentoring as necessary and can provide a training budget for you to attend courses with Sayer Vincent, who specialise in charity finance, if this would help your development.
We are keen for our volunteers to be developed and receive recognition and we currently have 12000 of them!
- To ensure that FoodCycle complies with our governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations and that we pursue our Objects as defined in our governing document
- To ensure that we apply our resources exclusively in pursuance of FoodCycle's Objects
- To safeguard the good name and values of FoodCycle
- To ensure the financial stability of FoodCycle
- To appoint the Chief Executive Officer and monitor his/her performance
- To sit on safeguarding, remuneration and other panels as required
- In addition to the above statutory duties, we ask our trustees to use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions
- As Treasurer, you will need to spend time reviewing FoodCycle’s finances prior to the Board Meetings, and at any other time as necessary. We will invest in training and mentoring as necessary.
You will need to have professional financial qualifications and strong analytical skills; relevant knowledge of charity finance and auditing/ accounting is ideal.
Ideally you will have sat already on a Charity Board and will be able to advise on Charity Finance and how best to manage the finances of a charity of our size.
What difference will you make?
This is a vital role for the organisation. You will review the Charities monthly management accounts, ensuring we are spending our income wisely and most efficiently, whilst ensuring we have sufficient income to meet our obligations and fulfil the plan for the following year. This is vital for the Board as you will be the spokesperson on the board regarding out financial health.
You will advise the CEO on best financial systems to use, help with writing policies surrounding volunteers and income, seeking technology as solutions to some of our challenges. We are keen to improve our forecasting and would enjoy advice on ad hoc basis for income (such as when we are receiving an unusual amount)
By enabling FoodCycle to spend wisely you will greatly help us in our ability to provide an even greater impact.
Trustees meet 4-5 times a year, and attend the FoodCycle annual conference held on a weekend in October. Trustees serve 3 years on the FoodCycle Board with an option to extend if necessary.
How to apply
Please send a letter (no more than 2 sides) stating why you are suitable for the role together with your CV. We hope to shortlist in February with an interview with the Chair of the Board and CEO.
Deadline: 21 Feb 2020