|Location:||Rhondda Cynon Taf|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 16:35|
New Horizons are looking for a new Treasurer to join their dedicated and friendly board of Trustees.
About the organisation
New Horizons is a Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Resource Centre, based in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales.New Horizons is a small charity that has been supporting people with mental health or emotional wellbeing issues since 1995 following the closure of Parc Hospital, Bridgend. The charity now provides support during the week via our resource centre and outreach centres in the Rhondda and Cynon Valleys. This is in addition to project managing a successful mental health website aimed at providing information to mental health service users, carers and healthcare professionals. Therefore with over twenty years of high quality service delivery behind us, New Horizons is now recognised as a leading mental health and wellbeing charity in RCT.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and reports to the Board and the Director regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Chair the Funding & Business Planning sub group in line with standing orders and terms of reference and reporting findings/developments back to the Board of trustees.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed and invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- For further details on the main responsibilities of the treasurer, please see the candidate pack available to download from the Reach Volunteering website.
- Demonstrated financial/commercial awareness and knowledge
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Competent use of IT skills
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Strong interest in mental health issues
- Senior strategic management and leadership experience
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
The Board meet every other month. The Treasurer would ideally step in as Chair of the Funding & Business Planning sub group which also meets bimonthly.
- New Trustees will initially join as observers for three consecutive board meetings before they are appointed. The observer period can be extended by either party if requested.
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board.