14 days ago
New Horizons are looking for a new Treasurer to join their dedicated and friendly board of Trustees.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and reports to the Board and the Director regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Chair the Funding & Business Planning sub group in line with standing orders and terms of reference and reporting findings/developments back to the Board of trustees.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed and invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- For further details on the main responsibilities of the treasurer, please see the candidate pack available to download from the Reach Volunteering website.
- Demonstrated financial/commercial awareness and knowledge
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Competent use of IT skills
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Strong interest in mental health issues
- Senior strategic management and leadership experience
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to join a committed and experienced team. We are a small charity which makes a meaningful contribution to the community. Being a trustee is also a chance for you to give something back to your community, by using your skills and experience, you will be contributing to the strategic management of the charity, so we can continue providing activities which promote good mental health, whilst challenging the stigma around mental health issues and helping improve our services for the benefit of the residents of Cwm Taf Morgannwg.
- The Board meet every other month at the organisation’s office in Aberdare, CF44 7BN.
- The Treasurer would ideally step in as Chair of the Funding & Business Planning sub group which also meets bimonthly.
A few more details
Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board. Please see the candidate pack for more details.