|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Paul Moser|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2018 13:42|
Trustee Role: Treasurer
About Hertsmere Mencap
We are a local Mencap with a membership of approximately 200 people with a learning disability who live in Hertsmere (Borehamwood, Bushey, Elstree, Radlett, Potters Bar), their families and carers. We run a children’s holiday playscheme which is partly funded by the LA, all other services being funded through voluntary fundraising and grants.
We run daily member activities, a weekly social club, a drop-in and a minibus. We have two part-time (20 hours/week) staff and are assisted by several volunteers. A part-time coordinator runs the playscheme together with sessional workers for six-weeks Easter and summer holidays.
We are seeking a Treasurer to join the board of Trustees, working in a voluntary capacity.
Role:The Treasurer’s role is to
· Maintain an overview of the organisation's financial affairs and its financial viability
- Ensure proper financial records and procedures are kept
- Maintain the books and bank accounts
- Prepare quarterly and annual accounts
- Support preparation of one and three year budgets
- Deal with expense claims, salaries (via a bureau) and revenue
- Actively contribute to the Trustee Board in setting overall policy and direction
- Should require 2-3 hours work per week.
Location: the applicant will ideally live in or near Hertsmere (population approx. 100,000, in South West Hertfordshire).