|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Paul Moser|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2018 13:42|
Trustee Role: Treasurer
About Hertsmere Mencap
We are a local Mencap with a membership of approximately 200 people with a learning disability who live in Hertsmere (Borehamwood, Bushey, Elstree, Radlett, Potters Bar), their families and carers. We run a children’s holiday playscheme which is partly funded by the LA, all other services being funded through voluntary fundraising and grants.
We run daily member activities, a weekly social club, a drop-in and a minibus. We have two part-time (20 hours/week) staff and are assisted by several volunteers. A part-time coordinator runs the playscheme together with sessional workers for six-weeks Easter and summer holidays.
We are seeking a Treasurer to join the board of Trustees, working in a voluntary capacity.
Role:The Treasurer’s role is to
· Maintain an overview of the organisation's financial affairs and its financial viability
- Ensure proper financial records and procedures are kept
- Maintain the books and bank accounts
- Prepare quarterly and annual accounts
- Support preparation of one and three year budgets
- Deal with expense claims, salaries (via a bureau) and revenue
- Actively contribute to the Trustee Board in setting overall policy and direction
- Should require 2-3 hours work per week.
Location: the applicant will ideally live in or near Hertsmere (population approx. 100,000, in South West Hertfordshire).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's