Treasurer - Parkinson's UK Harrow Branch
|Job Title:||Treasurer - Parkinson's UK Harrow Branch|
|Contact Name:||Kieran O'Driscoll|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2019 16:45|
Parkinson's UK local groups offer friendship, support, and numerous activities for people affected by Parkinson's.
In Harrow, the group is a core part of the local Parkinson's community. As Treasurer you'll help manage the finances of the group, making sure they're spent effectively for people affected by Parkinson's.
With a head for numbers, you'll keep track of the funds the group holds, working with staff and volunteers to report on the groups financial activity as required. Experience in accountancy or bookkeeping is desired, but not essential and you'll develop your skills along the way.
You'll build existing connections, and meet new people in your local area, all whilst making a difference to those living with Parkinson's in Harrow.
The group meets each month, but many of our volunteers undertake parts of their roles from home - at a time that suits you.
- Accurately record financial activity, keeping the group and the Parkinson's UK central office informed of the group's financial position
- Stay up to date on Parkinson's UK's financial policies and share them with the group
- Provide regular reports to the committee on the financial status of the group including final accounts at the annual general meeting
- Deal with financial administration for the group, including recording decisions around legacy spending, sending annual financial returns to the UK Office, ensuring volunteer expenses are paid accurately and according to our volunteer expenses policy
- Be a signatory on the group's bank accounts
- Work with local staff and other volunteers to help the group operate within Parkinson's UK guidelines
- Previous experience in finance, accountancy or bookkeeping would be valuable, but is not essential
- Confident with numbers and able to take the lead on the groups finances
- Collaborative and team focused; you'll need to make balanced decisions on the groups financial decisions, in conversation with the committee and local staff
- Develop your accountancy or bookkeeping skills - we are happy to provide references
- Play a crucial role in the local Parkinson's community, making new friends and building connections
- Learn and develop valuable financial, administrative and communication skills
- You'll be part of a pioneering organisation, committed to finding a cure and improving life for everyone affected by Parkinson's - in your local area and beyond
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's