|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 08:50|
Root & Branch in Oxfordshire is looking for a Treasurer to bring their financial experience to their friendly, collaborative and caring board
Root and Branch helps adults with mental health difficulties through therapeutic gardening and rural crafts. At our beautiful location on an organic farm people find a peaceful sanctuary, regain confidence, learn skills and are supported to make the next step or return to work.
What will you be doing?
The board of trustees hold the overall responsibility for the continuation and development of the charity. As a small charity we rely on the care and expertise of the board and your financial skills will help strengthen this already thriving organisation.
Our current Treasurer has stepped down after a number years with us and has kindly offered to support our new Treasurer as they settle into the role.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits. (Currently, due to our size, we are subject only to independent examination rather than audit).
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
There is a full role description in the candidate pack and also available on the Reach Volunteering site.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to Root & Branch’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Good financial management and analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, friendly, caring and experienced team. As a small charity we are closely involved with the front line work and constantly made aware of how much difference Root and Branch makes in improving people's lives.
- The Board meets monthly – usually on the 2nd Tuesday from 6.30-8.30pm.
- Attendance at the AGM.
- Occasional availability to provide guidance and advice to staff members is appreciated.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board