|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 08:50|
- ACCOUNTANCY / AUDITING
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING
Swindon, SN6 8TH
Could you use your financial skills as Treasurer of this small charity providing activities that promote recovery for people who experience mental health difficulties?
The broad responsibility of all trustees are:
- To ensure that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
- Being responsible, with the chief executive and other trustees, for the charity’s performance and culture.
- Ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as guardians of the charity’s assets by taking due care of their security and proper use.
- Ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
The treasurer also helps trustees carry out their financial responsibilities. They do this by:
- Presenting financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position.
- Advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities.
- Liaising with professional advisors.
- Overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts.
- Commitment to Root & Branch’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Good financial management and analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, friendly, caring and experienced team. As a small charity we are closely involved with the front line work and constantly made aware of how much difference Root and Branch makes in improving people's lives.
The Board meets monthly – usually on the 2nd Tuesday from 6.30-8.30pm. Attendance at the AGM. Occasional availability to provide guidance & advice.
How to you apply
Please send a CV or similar, (eg LinkedIn Profile) along with a short supporting statement outlining • Why you are interested in joining our board. • Your relevant skills and experience. • How you think you could apply your skills and experience to strengthen our board to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chair is happy to have an informal chat before you apply. If you would find that helpful please email the TrusteeWorksteam who will set this up.
Deadline: 1st June 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's