|Salary:||£0.00 - voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2019 10:12|
Devon & Cornwall Refugee Support
Devon & Cornwall Refugee Support provides a walk-in centre in Plymouth offering needs-led, practical assistance to asylum seekers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Treasurer to join our Board. You will maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, helping to ensure its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Along with the other Trustees you will be helping ensure that we can continue to provide vital services to our Service Users.
We have an excellent Finance Administrator and two other trustees who work on finance and fund raising.
- To assist the strategic development of the organisation and provide financial oversight.
- Oversee the production of management accounts in conjunction with the Finance Officer.
- Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept; financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- A commitment to the vision and aims of DCRS.
- Financial qualifications with proven commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
What's in it for the volunteer?
We provide a life line to our service users, (they tell us), and anyone becoming a trustee can feel they are providing a vital service and contributing to a key organisation. The trustees are a committed and friendly team and will welcome anyone working with us.
We have trustee meetings monthly (10 p.a.) and would find a regular (bi-monthly?) financial report helpful. We could hold a finance committee meeting beforehand or another time, for instance via Skype.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board.