|Contact Name:||Trevor Turpin|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2019 18:27|
Museum of Bath at Work
Telephone 01225 318348
The Museum of Bath at Work is run by a registered charity, Bath Industrial Heritage Trust Ltd, a company limited by guarantee.
Treasurer Trustee required – un-paid voluntary role
We are currently seeking to appoint a new Trustee/Director, with accounting skills and bookkeeping experience.
About the role …
This role will suit an experienced finance professional seeking to contribute to the heritage world, and with time available to support the charity and improve its financial reporting.
- The role anticipates a time commitment of approximately 4 days per month (variable; days to suit).
- The Treasurer will be a signatory to the bank accounts and it is essential that they are familiar with online banking.
- Good communication skills with relevant qualifications & experience are required.
The Treasurer will:
- Be responsible for Payroll to pay the monthly salary of the single employee (the Museum Director), including payments to HMRC and pension and accurate record-keeping related to these matters
- Expenditure approval via online banking (two signatures required for payments)
- Maintain up-to-date monthly overview of all bank accounts
- Produce quarterly management accounts for the Board (working with the company secretary)
- Report to the Board (three times a year) on financial matters
- Work with the company’s accountants to produce all required records to enable the annual accounts to be prepared for independent examination and thereafter submitted to Companies House and Charity Commission
- Submit Gift Aid claim annually in arrears to HMRC
- Prepare annual budget (working with the company secretary)
- Liaise with the Director on a weekly/fortnightly basis and support him on financial matters
- Attend monthly meeting of management sub-committee (meeting for 1-2 hours)
For more information: Contact Dr Trevor Turpin, Chairman of Trustees: email@example.com
Bath Industrial Heritage Trust Limited
A company limited by guarantee (2269894) and registered as a charity (800297)
About the Museum of Bath at Work …
- A unique museum telling the story of Bath’s working and industrial history
- 10,000 visitors p/a from UK and overseas.
- Permanent displays of the working history of Bath over 2000 years
- Charity/limited company with an annual turnover approaching £70K
- Temporary exhibitions
- Annual Cross Lecture
- Annual award to local schools
- Visiting exhibitions
- Talks, films, lectures
- Room hire for private and public events, theatre, film screenings etc
- We operate through a paid Director supported by c.40 volunteers and enthusiasts
- Supported by Friends of the Museum of Bath at Work, currently a separate charity (plans to close this charity and transfer the resources to Bath Industrial Heritage Trust during 2020)
About the Board of Trustees …
Currently 10 Trustees / Directors, comprising Chairman & Company Secretary plus 8 other Trustees each with different skills & experience covering engineering, science, education, heritage, finance, strategic & business planning & management, legal matters and design.
Formally meets three times a year (meeting for approximately 2 hours).
These are voluntary positions by application/invitation & interview, serving for 3-year terms.
To express interest in this role …
Please contact Dr Trevor Turpin, Chairman of Trustees: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please summarise your relevant experience and provide the names of two referees (references will be followed up)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's