|Contact Name:||Trevor Turpin|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2019 18:27|
Museum of Bath at Work
Telephone 01225 318348
The Museum of Bath at Work is run by a registered charity, Bath Industrial Heritage Trust Ltd, a company limited by guarantee.
Treasurer Trustee required – un-paid voluntary role
We are currently seeking to appoint a new Trustee/Director, with accounting skills and bookkeeping experience.
About the role …
This role will suit an experienced finance professional seeking to contribute to the heritage world, and with time available to support the charity and improve its financial reporting.
- The role anticipates a time commitment of approximately 4 days per month (variable; days to suit).
- The Treasurer will be a signatory to the bank accounts and it is essential that they are familiar with online banking.
- Good communication skills with relevant qualifications & experience are required.
The Treasurer will:
- Be responsible for Payroll to pay the monthly salary of the single employee (the Museum Director), including payments to HMRC and pension and accurate record-keeping related to these matters
- Expenditure approval via online banking (two signatures required for payments)
- Maintain up-to-date monthly overview of all bank accounts
- Produce quarterly management accounts for the Board (working with the company secretary)
- Report to the Board (three times a year) on financial matters
- Work with the company’s accountants to produce all required records to enable the annual accounts to be prepared for independent examination and thereafter submitted to Companies House and Charity Commission
- Submit Gift Aid claim annually in arrears to HMRC
- Prepare annual budget (working with the company secretary)
- Liaise with the Director on a weekly/fortnightly basis and support him on financial matters
- Attend monthly meeting of management sub-committee (meeting for 1-2 hours)
For more information: Contact Dr Trevor Turpin, Chairman of Trustees: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bath Industrial Heritage Trust Limited
A company limited by guarantee (2269894) and registered as a charity (800297)
About the Museum of Bath at Work …
- A unique museum telling the story of Bath’s working and industrial history
- 10,000 visitors p/a from UK and overseas.
- Permanent displays of the working history of Bath over 2000 years
- Charity/limited company with an annual turnover approaching £70K
- Temporary exhibitions
- Annual Cross Lecture
- Annual award to local schools
- Visiting exhibitions
- Talks, films, lectures
- Room hire for private and public events, theatre, film screenings etc
- We operate through a paid Director supported by c.40 volunteers and enthusiasts
- Supported by Friends of the Museum of Bath at Work, currently a separate charity (plans to close this charity and transfer the resources to Bath Industrial Heritage Trust during 2020)
About the Board of Trustees …
Currently 10 Trustees / Directors, comprising Chairman & Company Secretary plus 8 other Trustees each with different skills & experience covering engineering, science, education, heritage, finance, strategic & business planning & management, legal matters and design.
Formally meets three times a year (meeting for approximately 2 hours).
These are voluntary positions by application/invitation & interview, serving for 3-year terms.
To express interest in this role …
Please contact Dr Trevor Turpin, Chairman of Trustees: email@example.com
Please summarise your relevant experience and provide the names of two referees (references will be followed up)