|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2018 11:46|
About the organisation
Founded in 1968 by parents of children with autism, Autism Wessex is the regional charity providing high quality specialist services for people affected by autism and associated difficulties across the counties of Dorset, Somerset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
While there is no cure for autism, we believe that with appropriate education, support or care and by making the world an easier place to understand, the impact of autism can be reduced and people with autism can be active citizens enjoying maximum independence and a good quality of life.
About the role
We are looking for someone with financial expertise, energy and commitment to be part of our board. We want to review all of our services and plan a future based on increasing our impact, partnership and collaboration across the region. Alongside this growth we want to ensure that we have robust governance in place to match and financial oversight is a priority for us. As Treasurer you will provide your skills and expertise to the board and help to ensure that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed.
Joining the board will have a positive impact on the organisation and, by extension, the individuals and families we support. You will have the opportunity to support with the strategic direction of the organisation and to raise the profile of the impact of the great work our staff can make working with individuals and within communities.
Main purpose of the role
- Advise the trustees on the strategic financial direction of the charity
- Maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs
- Support and hold to account the Director of Finance in financial planning and reporting
- Take part proactively in trustee and sub-committee meetings
- With the Finance and Audit Committee, approve budgets, account and financial statements
- Financial skills and experience.
- Ability to deal with the challenges of managing funding and long term planning.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Willing and able to devote the necessary time and effort to the oversight and work of the organisation.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
- Board meetings are every quarter as are the subcommittee meetings
- We expect the successful candidate to come and challenge and scrutinise the organisations finances throughout the year
- All of our Trustees are encouraged to be active members of the organisation
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. In order to apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.