|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lynn Ladbrook|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2019 12:03|
Cavernoma Alliance UK (CAUK) is looking for someone with financial/accountancy experience to join the Board of Trustees as Honorary Treasurer.
CAUK is a member led organisation, run by and for those impacted by cavernoma.
The Treasurer monitors the financial administration of the charity and with the CEO reports quarterly to the Board of Trustees on the state of the charity’s financial health in line with best practice and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements. The Treasurer plays a key role in ensuring that effective financial procedures are in place and that the appropriate financial reports/returns and accounts and independent examinations are carried out.
The main responsibilities and duties of the treasurer will be to:
- Work with the CEO to oversee and present: budgets; internal management accounts; and, annual financial statements to the board of trustees;
- Ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Lead in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost‐management and investment policies;
- Provide advice on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan;
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk‐management process;
- Act as a counter signatory to nominated charity bank accounts, on charity cheques and on applications to funders;
- Liaise with the external accountants on specific issues such as the Independent Examiners report and related board representations
The charity employs an administrator who undertakes the majority of bookkeeping duties, sets up payments, carries out the main bank reconciliations etc.
CAUK welcomes applicants with the following experience and skills. If you feel you meet some but not all of the criteria, please consider applying anyway, as CAUK is committed to ongoing professional development and has a small training budget to ensure Trustees are fully supported to carry out their role.
- A professional accountancy qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Experience of developing financial strategy, financial policies and procedures and financial controls principles;
- Experience of developing financial management reports, accounts, policies and processes in a charity setting is desirable but not essential
- An ability to understand, interpret and explain financial information;
- Ability to listen, communicate and influence effectively, building relationships and working collaboratively and effectively as part of a team.
CAUK is keen to ensure the governing board fully represents those we seek to support. Therefore, applications from those with lived experience of cavernoma, or a similar condition, either personal or through supporting others are particularly welcomed.
We also particularly encourage applications from people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented on our board.
To apply please send your CV with a supporting statement of no more than 750 words setting out why you are suited to the role and why you are interested in joining the Board of Trustees of Cavernoma Alliance UK to email address below.
Deadline for applications is 9a.m Monday 13th January 2020.