|Contact Name:||Dr Ellen McAdam, President|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2019 09:44|
Purpose of the role
- To ensure the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted within legal requirements, accounting conventions and good practice
- In partnership with the President and/or Secretary, ensure the financial viability and development of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to your main trustee duties and responsibilities you will;
- Chair the Finance Sub Committee
- Ensure there is effective and appropriate financial management in all areas of the charity.
- Ensure there are robust controls, policies and procedures in operation throughout.
- Ensure adequate budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements are produced accurately and in a timely manner and are made available for and understood by the Trustee Board.
- Ensure that the agreed Reserves Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the Annual Accounts and Report are prepared, agreed and submitted in accordance with our governing document and legal requirements.
- Advise on the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies.
- Advise on the financial implications of strategic and annual operation plans.
- Provide on-going support and mentoring to the organisation
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of current charity finance and fundraising practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOFA, VAT and statutory accounting requirements.
- Senior Financial Management experience
- Qualified member of a recognised professional body.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Good communication skills
- Personable with good team skills
- Interest in Archaeology
- Experience of being a charity trustee or company director
- Experience of strategic or business planning
- Knowledge of the implications of charity or company law