Sharrow Community Forum
12 days ago
The treasurer is a trustee with a specific role on the board. The treasurer is elected or appointed to this role as set out in the charity's governing document.
The treasurer can only take on specific duties if they have been authorised to do so. This authorisation might be set out in the governing document or related procedure, or agred by the other trustees in a role description or some other document.
- presenting financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity's financial position
- advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities
- liasing with professional advisors
- overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts
- (in small charities) taking on some or all day to day financial duties, such as book-keeping, budgeting and preparation of reports
Role for the Sharrow Community Forum