20 days ago
New Dawn New Day has worked to support the wellbeing of women and girls in Leicester and Leicestershire for over 30 years. We started out as a community-based women’s centre in the 1980s, and we now deliver a range of services to vulnerable and socially excluded women designed to meet their multiple and complex needs.
We are seeking a Treasurer to join our board of Trustees. This is a great opportunity to bring your financial skills to an innovative and forward-thinking organisation with an excellent reputation for success working with our complex client group.
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- Understanding of accounting systems and confidence in analysing and interpreting financial information
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
By bringing your financial skills you will not only ensure that our resources are effectively used to achieve our mission but you will also be helping us to become more resilient and sustainable for the future.
We have a collaborative culture and value empathy and team work. Demand for our service is high and funding challenges are very real making this a challenging but highly rewarding time to become part of our organisation.
You will be part of a friendly, welcoming and highly skilled team of staff and trustees and we offer training and support to enable you to carry out your role as well as out of pocket expenses.
The Treasurer is required to provide a finance report at each board meeting. At four of the 8 meetings there is usually a full finance report relating to the previous quarter’s financial performance and forecast for the remainder of the year. The Treasurer is usually required to meet with the CEO to review the financial position and to scrutinize the accounts. This also involves performing spot checks and other tests as stipulated in our finance policy and procedures.
Board Meetings are generally 2hrs in the evenings between 5.30pm & 8.30pm. There is an AGM in Oct or Nov and an annual strategy & planning meeting.
Deadline for applications is November 14th