about 2 months ago
Migrants' Rights Network
The Treasurer will maintain an overview of MRN’s financial position, in particular its financial viability, and will ensure that effective financial measures, controls, records, policies and procedures are maintained. The Treasurer will work closely with the Chair, other Trustees, the CEO, Finance and other staff to ensure the charity is pursuing its vision and mission and achieving agreed objectives through its financial strategy and management.
We are looking for experienced applicants, who show:
- Knowledge and understanding of current charity finance and fundraising practice;
- Knowledge and understanding of SOFA and statutory accounting requirements;
- Senior Financial Management experience, preferably in a third sector organisation.
- The Treasurer will be a qualified or part qualified member of a recognised professional body;
- Excellent financial analysis skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Personable with good team skills.
Like most not-for-profit board roles this position is unremunerated, however reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred fulfilling the duties of the role will be reimbursed.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are migrants or refugees, and who have lived experience of the impact of immigration policy and practice.
Please send a CV and a covering letter (max one page) explaining why you are interested in joining the board as a treasurer, and how you meet the person specification
Closing date for applications is 20 August 2019
Interviews will be arranged during early September