|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2019 16:35|
The Caldecott Foundation provides specialist residential care, fostering families and education for disadvantaged, vulnerable and traumatised young people in the UK.
We are looking for a Trustee who could take over from the existing Treasurer when they step down. This will not be immediate which will allow for a hand over period for the new Trustee to learn about the organisation and the role. This is part of our succession planning for this key role on our Board of Trustees.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of Trustees and staff helping some of the most vulnerable children in our society to build a future and reach their potential by supporting the board with your financial knowledge and expertise.
- To monitor the financial standing of the charity and to manage the reports to the Board and Manager regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and be responsible for the overarching strategic management of the charity’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Liaise with external auditors on financial issues, ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion and that the charity’s finances are responsibly managed and appropriately invested.
You will be an important member of the leadership team and through your involvement contribute to an organisation achieving outstanding long term outcomes for some of the most vulnerable young people in our society. As you develop into the role of Treasurer you will provide Trustee colleagues with expert financial advice and leadership to the Board’s Finance Committee. Through your work with Trustees and Managers you will help the organisation achieve greater financial sustainability so that we can support more children and achieve even better outcomes.
This is an exciting time to get involved with the work of the Caldecott Foundation as we expand our provision to help more vulnerable children whilst also improving the quality of our services. You will be part of a Board of volunteer Trustees providing strategic oversight and helping to shape the future direction of the organisation.
- Financial qualifications and experience within a charity, not for profit or business.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Understanding and commitment to the organisation’s cause and objectives.
- Willing to act as an ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and management.
- Qualified accountant.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
Board meetings are held four times a year. The Treasurer chairs the finance committee which meets 3 times a year. Ad hoc support for the Finance
How to apply
All applications are made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Your application will require your current CV and covering letter answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to apply to become a trustee?
- What other experience or skills do you feel you could offer?
- Are there any areas of the organisations work you have a particular interest in and/or would like to become more involved in?
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's