|Salary:||This role is not paid, although expenses for travel and out of pocket expenses may be claimed|
|Contact Name:||Sally Richens|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 14:43|
National Development Team for inclusion
Remuneration: Expenses for travel and out of pocket expenses may be claimed
Commitment: 5 meetings a year plus 1 to 2 hours every other month liaising with the Chair, Chief Executive and Finance Manager
Location: Meetings are held in London or across the UK
Tenure: 3-year term (maximum tenure 3 x 3-year terms)
At the National Development Team for inclusion (NDTi), we believe that all people should have choice and control over their own lives, and we work towards a vision of society where age and disability make no difference to how individuals are valued. Our work always focuses on wider life outcomes and people’s roles as equal citizens. We are striving and succeeding in achieving our vision - making a real and positive difference to people’s lives, ensuring that they are at the heart of shaping and informing the design and delivery of the support and decisions which impact on their lives.
What would you be doing?
Being part of NDTi isn’t just going through the motions, we are driven by our values, challenging the status quo, influencing policy makers, generating evidence, supporting local change makers and showing what it is possible to achieve. Although a small staff team, we operate nationally and have an international reputation as experts in our areas of work and as a partner of choice, delivering work of the highest quality and impact.
Our associates, ambassadors and Board complete the picture, again drawn from experts in their fields, highly respected and with national profiles. This gives us an enviable body of knowledge and experience, aligned to a passion for creating and driving change.
Working closely with the Board and the Chief Executive, the Treasurer is responsible for monitoring the financial standing of the organisation. Together with the Chief Executive, the Treasurer reports to the Board on cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of NDTi’s financial resources. Other duties include:
Budgeting and strategic financial planning
· Working collegiately, ensure all strategic plans are financially appraised and budgets are aligned to both short-term and long-term objectives each year
· With the Board, support the oversight of the NDTi budget planning process and constructively challenge where required
· Ensure robust transparency and accountability to improve resource allocation
· Ensure a high standard of management accounting is maintained to safeguard assets
· Liaise with the Finance Manager, Chief Executive and Members to approve regular management accounting reports
Statutory Financial Reporting
· Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements
· Explain technicalities or accounts in plain language which is fully understood by other Members of the Board
· Board level liaison with external auditors on specific issues in the auditing process
What are we looking for?
Our Board Members are encouraged to connect with the wider NDTi team, most commonly in an area of the organisation that they hold a special interest in, and can therefore provide operational leads with advice, guidance, policy or business insights.
In addition to the qualities, experience and knowledge to be held by or across all Board Members, the Treasurer contributes the following essential specialist knowledge and experience:
· Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge
· Knowledge of non-profit or charity income generation and finance practices
· Good IT skills, with a working knowledge of Excel or similar
· Good communication and leadership skills
· Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders
· Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
· Experience of audit and/or risk management policies and procedures
What difference will you make?
At the National Development Team for inclusion (NDTi), we believe that all people should have choice and control over their own lives, and we work towards a vision of society where age and disability make no difference to how individuals are valued. For our Board, ambassadors, staff and associates our work and vision always focuses on wider life outcomes and people’s roles as equal citizens. We are constantly striving for positive change and succeeding in achieving this - making a real and positive difference, ensuring people are at the heart of shaping and informing the design and delivery of the support and decisions which impact on their lives.
What's in it for you?
NDTi is a great organisation to be involved in. We are ensuring that people and communities are at the heart of shaping and informing the design and delivery of their support and decisions which impact on their lives. Members of our board work with passionate and committed people and teams, are involved in work of national significance and help to make change - real change - happen.
NDTi are looking to appoint a new Treasurer to join our Board in September 2019.
Potential applicants are welcome to contact Paul Marshall our Chief Executive for an informal discussion, or can apply by sending their current CV and a written expression of interest outlining their motivation and fit with the Treasurer Role Profile to the email address provided.
Candidates are asked to submit their CV and expression of interest as soon as possible, and by Thursday 13th June 2019. The selection committee will consider all expressions of interest received, with a view to inviting shortlisted candidates to meet with them in mid-July 2019.
Presently, our current Board is not sufficiently reflective of the diversity of the communities and the people we strive to create positive change for. We are especially keen to take a step towards changing this by attracting applications from people of all different backgrounds who share our values and our vision, regardless of ethnicity, disability, protected characteristics or social background.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's