The Advocacy Project - Treasurer
|Job Title:||The Advocacy Project - Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Peridot Partners (TAP)|
|Contact Name:||Philippa Fabry|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 15:49|
The Advocacy Project
If you could give marginalised communities a voice to speak up, understand their rights and make choices, would you?
If you answered yes, and you’re an empathetic and experienced financial expert, with business savvy, commercial sector experience and a tight grip on the bottom line, we want you to consider being the next Treasurer at The Advocacy Project.
The Advocacy Project is truly innovative in what they do and how they do it. This is illustrated in how they co-produce and design their services with the people who use them.
It’s important that you understand this, as it’s at the heart of the charity and as Treasurer you’ll embrace and champion the way The Advocacy Project includes diverse voices of lived and professional experiences.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate innovation, asks the right questions and can use risk management actively to further the growth of the organisation with common sense and an eye on the big picture. We’re also looking for someone who can play an active role as a Trustee on our board, who as well as bringing a keen strategic perspective on all things financial, has the ability to contribute to broader strategic issues.
They’re looking for:
- A track record in contracting and a high level of strategic financial management;
- Confidence and experience in explaining finances to non-financial people in a simple, inclusive way;
- Understands charity finance, the need to diversify income streams and the impact that has on budgets;
- Someone who shares their values, ambition and belief that every voice counts.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll join a highly committed, people centred organisation with a track record of growth and reputation for innovation, quality and learning.
- With your skills, you’ll help further the strategic vision of the charity, while learning the power and importance of building services around people’s actual need.
Treasurer time commitments:
If you join The Advocacy Project, you’ll have an in-depth induction, be matched with a buddy, attend staff training and as part of your ongoing governance development, you’ll attend the annual NCVO conference.
- The Board and associated sub-committees meet every quarter on the same day, usually an afternoon.
- As Treasurer you’ll chair the Finance and Audit Committee.
We’d anticipate this role requiring a day a month commitment.
For more information about the Treasurer role and to apply please visit the microsite: http://www.peridotportal.co.uk/theadvocacyproject/index.php
We’d also encourage you to talk to advising consultant: Philippa Fabry, Director of Not For Profit Practice, on 07772 902071 or email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 29th April, 2019.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's