16 days ago
Lamp is a local, independent charity offering services in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland in the form of independent mental health advocacy, information, and support to service users and their carers. They are looking for a new Trustee with excellent networking skills who will be able to bring and cultivate strategic relationships to help them achieve their aims. Trustees have overall control of a charity and are responsible for making sure its doing what it was set up to do. You will be part of passionate and diverse board responsible for leading the charity and deciding how it is run.
The current vacancy requires experience of strategically networking with Health Service Providers, Commissioners and other strategic stakeholders and would be suited to someone with or without previous board experience. It is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills and play a fundamental part in helping those suffering with mental health.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strategic management experience gained in any sector
- An ability to bring and cultivate strategic relationships for the benefit of the organisation
- A commitment to the organisation
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
The board meet every 6-8 weeks. Meetings are remote at present and will be for at least 50% of meetings going forward. Lamp appreciate Trustees are able to offer different levels of commitment and are happy to discuss this.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.