Society Secretary and Board Member
|Job Title:||Society Secretary and Board Member|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Andrea Simpson|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 13:39|
Southern Staffordshire Community Energy Limited is a community benefit society (a type of co-operative regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) owned and run by its members and volunteers. It runs two very successful projects based on the income from solar panels installed on the roofs of community and hospital trust buildings in Staffordshire.
- upholding the requirements of the governing document and legislation relating to community benefit societies;
- organising, attending, and taking minutes of, quarterly Board meetings and annual general meetings (1);
- ensuring the timely and accurate submission of the Annual Return to the Financial Conduct Authority;
- performing administrative tasks and keeping records;
- liaising with our administrative contractor to carry out the above-mentioned responsibilities;
(1) Board meetings are currently held on a Tuesday morning.
- a good knowledge of governance of an organisation;
- competent at producing minutes;
- good organisational and communication skills and an eye for detail;
- an ability to work as part of a team.
It would also be an advantage to have:
- some knowledge of what a community benefit society is and how it differs from a company;
- experience of hosting Zoom on-line meetings.
- An interest in renewable energy, reducing CO2 emissions, and/or creating benefit for the community.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Treasurer | RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents)
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses paid
Vice Chair and Trustees
0 - 0
[Fundraising and Chair] Trustee, Fumble
0 - 0
Chair | Age UK Oxfordshire and Action for Carers Oxfordshire
0 - 0
0 - 200000