Social Enterprise Board Member / Treasurer
|Job Title:||Social Enterprise Board Member / Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Neville Stankley|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2021 22:24|
Culture Syndicates CIC seeks a Board Member/Treasurer to support our financial planning and oversight
Can you influence and support the development of a rapidly growing Community Interest Company with an innovative, unique approach to developing heritage and the arts.
Culture Syndicates is seeking an experienced qualified person or accountant and strategic thinker who can help lead the company in our next phase of development. We have an external bookkeeper accountant and are looking for someone to interpret and analyse the figures.
Examples of projects: moving a museum collection with Nottingham Trent University students and documenting the British Homeopathic Association’s collection
What does Culture Syndicates do?
Culture Syndicates is a community interest heritage and arts consultancy. At the heart of our work is a commitment to sustainable development: live projects with clients provide paid training opportunities for sector entrants, as well as fulfilling the market’s need for low cost consultancy. We work with all sizes of organisation, from local community groups to National Trust and National Heritage Science Forum.
For more information, see www.culturesyndicates.co.uk
What does the Board do?
Culture Syndicates has a clear business plan and strategic direction. The Board oversees the company with stimulating and creative discussions to review this and consider how best to navigate the exciting opportunities ahead of us. These include:
● Promoting our work towards becoming a nationally important advocate for change
● Developing our Workforce Inclusion agenda to support sector entrants and clients
● Expanding our core consultancy work nationwide
● Developing our overseas services and capacity, growing our customer base through digital partnerships and advocacy
The current Board consists of 5 Directors – we plan to expand this to eight members to develop a lively cohort of forward thinkers and advocates with a range of skills and experience. We are particularly looking for financial knowledge and experience in the first instance.
What’s in it for me?
Culture Syndicates are committed to improving the cultural sector: we want the Board to support you as much as you support us.
Our strong networks and reputation can grow your industry presence. Being involved with our dynamic approach can inspire your work to be more innovative and joined up.
The Board will consider and design how you benefit and your organisation benefits – for example, this might include:
● A give/get scheme that rewards your organisation in free consultancy and capacity in return for your time
● A finder’s fee for Board members who introduce new clients to the company
● Travel expenses where employers cannot cover these for Board attendance
How much time will I have to commit?
Board meetings are anticipated to be quarterly – these will be arranged a year in advance. Actions from the meetings will require additional commitment, which will consider your capacity – for example, contributing to a workgroup to get a project off the ground or representing the company at an event.
Meetings will take place either online or at Culture Syndicates’ office in Nottingham city centre, unless another venue is deemed more convenient.
What are Culture Syndicates looking for in a Board member?
● Ability to apply your expertise and experience to creative discussions and planning
● Proven experience in a senior position within your field
● Ability to think strategically, with a can-do attitude
● Excellent communication and organisation skills
Your area of expertise may or may not be in heritage or the arts – we are excited to hear what you can bring to the company direction and governance.
How do I apply?
To apply, please email the Chief Operating Officer, Neville Stankley at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
● A short description of what you can bring to the Board and what you hope to gain from your role
● An outline of key experience (for example, a CV or link to your LinkedIn profile)
Deadline to apply: midnight on tuesday 21st September
We encourage you to discuss the role with Neville before applying - please call 07835386437 or email Neville to arrange a chat.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Volunteer Treasurer & Trustee
0 - 50000
Two Trustees required - Treasurer and HR Trustee
0 - 0
Deputy Honorary Treasurer, British Institute at Ankara
Groundwork CLM Trustee
0 - 0
Treasurer. CPRE Bedfordshire, the countryside charity
0 - 0 Voluntary