|Job Title:||SENDIASS VOLUNTEER|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Renata Carlet|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 10:51|
SENDIASS Assistant – Role Description
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) is a small but busy team providing free, confidential and impartial advice to parents and carers of children and young people up to the age of 25, supporting them and signposting them to other organizations to help resolve disagreements about their child’s special educational needs.
What does the role of a SENDIASS volunteer involve?
As a SENDIASS volunteer you will be trained to provide information and guidance in matters relating to Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) to families and young people.
Please get in touch if you are interested in this role and have following skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent level of literacy, writing and computer skills
- Understand and respect confidentiality
- No potential conflict of interest
- An interest in SEND and you are willing to learn
- Are good at explaining things
- Are patient, understanding, empathic and supportive
- Are able to maintain appropriate boundaries
- Are impartial and do not take sides
Knowledge of current SEND Code of Practice is desirable, although not essential, as training will be provided. No previous experience is needed.
Once you have completed our training, you will support the service by:
- Supporting parents/carers with children/young people with special educational needs
- Completing administrative tasks
- Supporting the team on the enquiry line
- Listening to parents and giving them impartial information about SEN system
- Updating and recording information on a secure database, following DBS check
- Taking part in evaluating and monitoring of the SENDIAS service.
- Helping at SENDIASS events/workshops and coffee mornings in schools if you wish.
- Potentially attending school/local authority meetings to support the parent/carer
What training will be provided?
Our SENDIASS team runs a training programme that is usually 3 sessions long and covers basics such as:
·Introduction to SENDIASS service and SENDIASS protocols
·Good communication skills
·Setting and keeping professional boundaries
·Children and Families Act 2014
You will also get in return:
- Continuous support from our SENDIASS team
- Volunteering in an organization which has Investors in Volunteers accreditation and looks after their volunteers well.
- After completing 100 hours of voluntary work, you will be formally recognized by the Mayor of Enfield and receive 100 hours certificate for your time and commitment.
- Your travel expenses will be reimbursed
- We will write job references for you after 6 months of volunteering with us
- You will have the opportunity to learn new things and meet new people
What will we expect from you?
● Commit to volunteering with us for at least 6 months.
● Perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
● Maintain the confidential information of the organization and of its users.
● Read and comply to EPC’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
● Attend any training relevant to your duties.
● Act in a professional way whenever you represent EPC.
● Raise any concerns at the earliest opportunity.
● Give us as much notice as possible should you be unable to attend or carry out your volunteer role with us anymore.
If you would like to apply:
please download our application form from https://www.epandc.org.uk/volunteer or contact Renata Carlet (working hours Monday and Tuesday) by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 8373 6246
EPC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Trustee Treasurer - volunteer
0 - 1000
Volunteer Accountant at Environmental Charity working in Malawi
Treasurer at Education & Poverty Alleviation Charity
Treasurer @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps