Education Standards Advisor
|Job Title:||Education Standards Advisor|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||February 16, 2021 15:20|
ROC College is a virtual college that supports people with disabilities aged 16-25 to move towards independent living and paid employment. We work with people in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. We teach all the skills young people need to live independently, from learning to use public transport to accredited qualifications to help finding a job.
ROC College is part of United Response, a national charity supporting young people and adults with a wide range of disabilities and mental health needs to live the life they choose.
Education Standards Advisors
We are recruiting for two Education Standards Advisors who will join our Trustees on the Education and Skills Scrutiny Group for ROC College in providing strong direction and governance.
What you will be doing
You will join the The Education and Skills Scrutiny Group, which exercises overview and scrutiny on behalf of the Board of Trustees for the education and skills provision within United Response, with a particular focus on ROC college’s leadership and strategic direction, overall financial and organisational control, monitoring students’ progress and ensuring compliance. It also has responsibility for protecting the reputation and values of the college, sets the long term vision, and scrutinises performance and approves policies and strategy.
What difference will you make?
Your role will help us continue our mission to ensure that individuals with learning disabilities, mental or physical support needs have the opportunity to live their lives to the full and fulfil our vision of a society where everyone has equal access to the same rights and opportunities.
What we are looking for
Members should be able to demonstrate:
- Active interest and expertise in further education and for people with disabilities;
- commitment to people with disabilities realising their potential as equal and active citizens;
- commitment to inclusive learning and the role of the organisation as a local, regional and national provider of day and residential education, care and health and well-being;
- willingness to get to know the organisation in terms of its requirements, strengths and areas for development;
- commitment to ongoing training and development opportunities;
- commitment to promoting and challenging equality and diversity;
- commitment to improving the quality of service delivery experience and raising standards;
- experience within an Ofsted setting and/or a sound knowledge of the further education/skills sector;
- understanding of safeguarding of children & young people, Health & Safety, PREVENT & British Values.
In particular we are very interested to hear from individuals who have recent and relevant experience within an Ofsted setting and/or a sound knowledge of the further education/skills sector.
We are also keen to hear from individuals who have lived experience of supporting students with specialist educational needs.
Location & Time Commitment
- Meetings are held in Totnes or via video conferencing facilities such as MS Teams and Zoom
- The Educational Scrutiny Group meets at least 4 times a year.
- We anticipate that the time commitment across the year will be 5 days in total.
- The role is not remunerated but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply
All applications should be made via Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance. In order to submit your application, please provide the following documents
- an up-to-date CV
- a supporting statement (maximum 2 pages) that outlines your interest in this role and your fit against the criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Please contact Reach TrusteeWorks for the candidate pack or with any queries. We are also happy to discuss the role if you would find this useful before application.
Application deadline is March 1st 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Cumbria Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Orbis Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Inspire Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-executive director/Trustee at NAS Academies Trust
Non Executive Director/Trustee at Newbury Academy Trust
0 - 0