Remote Trustee - Blood Cancer UK
|Job Title:||Remote Trustee - Blood Cancer UK|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Blood Cancer UK|
|Contact Name:||Trustees Unlimited|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 12:01|
Who we are
We're a community dedicated to beating blood cancer by funding research and supporting those affected. Since 1960, we've invested over £500 million in blood cancer research, transforming treatments and saving lives.
We are hugely proud of the impact we have had on behalf of people affected by blood cancer. The £500 million we have invested in research over the last 60 years has saved many thousands of lives, and we are now in a position where the day we will beat blood cancer is finally in sight. But with the coronavirus crisis already having had a big impact on our income, it is more vital than ever that we have the strong strategic leadership to keep our mission to beat blood cancer on course. As a Board, we know we need to become more diverse to better reflect the community we serve and share with us new ideas and opinions, so we would welcome approaches from the following:
- Individuals from black and ethnic minority communities.
- Younger people who may not have had previous board experience but have other experiences, for example: of committee work, associations and other team decision making experience.
- Individuals who have personally been affected by blood cancer who have the capacity to support us as a trustee.
- Experience in the following fields would be of interest to us: Medical Research, Audit and Finance.
- Individuals who have experience of information support for blood cancer patients and health policy.
- Influencers who have experience with fundraising and have celebrity or VIP connections that could be further explored.
- Members of a minority group through physical or cultural characteristics.
This is a challenging but very rewarding role and your contribution could assist the blood cancer community in a huge way. If you would like an opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a positive way we would encourage you to initially get in touch by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the role. To apply for this exciting opportunity to join us as a trustee, please apply via the Trustees Unlimited website with your CV, along with a brief covering letter outlining your interest and how you feel you could add value to our cause. The closing date for this opportunity is midday on Saturday, 31 October 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's