Remote Trustee - Blood Cancer UK
|Job Title:||Remote Trustee - Blood Cancer UK|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Blood Cancer UK|
|Contact Name:||Trustees Unlimited|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 12:01|
Who we are
We're a community dedicated to beating blood cancer by funding research and supporting those affected. Since 1960, we've invested over £500 million in blood cancer research, transforming treatments and saving lives.
We are hugely proud of the impact we have had on behalf of people affected by blood cancer. The £500 million we have invested in research over the last 60 years has saved many thousands of lives, and we are now in a position where the day we will beat blood cancer is finally in sight. But with the coronavirus crisis already having had a big impact on our income, it is more vital than ever that we have the strong strategic leadership to keep our mission to beat blood cancer on course. As a Board, we know we need to become more diverse to better reflect the community we serve and share with us new ideas and opinions, so we would welcome approaches from the following:
- Individuals from black and ethnic minority communities.
- Younger people who may not have had previous board experience but have other experiences, for example: of committee work, associations and other team decision making experience.
- Individuals who have personally been affected by blood cancer who have the capacity to support us as a trustee.
- Experience in the following fields would be of interest to us: Medical Research, Audit and Finance.
- Individuals who have experience of information support for blood cancer patients and health policy.
- Influencers who have experience with fundraising and have celebrity or VIP connections that could be further explored.
- Members of a minority group through physical or cultural characteristics.
This is a challenging but very rewarding role and your contribution could assist the blood cancer community in a huge way. If you would like an opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a positive way we would encourage you to initially get in touch by email to: email@example.com for an informal discussion about the role. To apply for this exciting opportunity to join us as a trustee, please apply via the Trustees Unlimited website with your CV, along with a brief covering letter outlining your interest and how you feel you could add value to our cause. The closing date for this opportunity is midday on Saturday, 31 October 2020.