Property Management Trustee
|Job Title:||Property Management Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 19:18|
Caritas Anchor House is a homelessness charity providing residential and life-skills support for single homeless adults. Our driving mission is to ensure that those who walk through our doors grow in confidence and move towards leading independent, self-fulfilling lives by providing education, guidance and personal rehabilitation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Property Management Trustee to join our board of friendly and dedicated Trustees. This is a truly exciting time to engage in future-proofing a charity changing the lives of people experiencing homelessness, as we face a number of changes within the organisation, such as the expansion of our facilities and an upcoming fundraising appeal.
As Property Management Trustee you will use your skills and experience to help manage Caritas Anchor House, to advise on property regulations and to oversee the expansion of our facilities. You will also contribute to the overall governance of the charity, helping us to achieve our aims. Our Trustees have overall control of the charity and are responsible for making sure it is doing what it was set up to do. Trustees lead the charity, decide how it is run and make decisions which impact on the lives of our beneficiaries.
Training is provided for all new Trustees to ensure that they are informed and feel welcome.
- Experience of property management.
- Understanding of property regulations.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives.
Individuals must be supportive of the Catholic ethos of Caritas Anchor House. We are keen to recruit practising Catholics, though this is not essential.
- The board meets quarterly, from 2 – 5 pm.
- The Property Management Trustee is expected to chair the premises committee which meets quarterly. Dialling into these meetings is an option if needed.
- An away day is held once a year.
- Ad hoc support and involvement between meetings will be required.
Location: Canning Town, E16 4HB
How to Apply
Deadline for applications is 31st May. In order to apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, what skills and experience you will bring to the board, directly addressing the person specification, and any other relevant information.
Applications must be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's