Trustee/Treasurer for Kenyan Speech Therapy Provider
|Job Title:||Trustee/Treasurer for Kenyan Speech Therapy Provider|
|Contact Name:||David Busby|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 14:28|
AfID offers volunteer assignments across the UK, Africa, Asia & South America including Trustee/Treasurer and Capacity Building placements from 2 to 12 weeks.
This partner is a speech and language therapy (SLT) service provider in Western Kenya. As well as providing direct SLT services, they run teacher trainings on inclusive education.
They need support to develop a strategic financial plan to enable them to continue doing the work they do. They are 85% funded by a grant from Comic Relief which ends in Jan 2020, so they need to find other funding streams.
In order for their services to be sustainable in Kenya and to grow, they need to find innovative ways to source funds. The CEO is based in the UK and wants to set up the organisation here to generate income to be used to fund activities in Kenya.
Your role would be to:
- Assist in the registration of the organisation in the UK
- Develop a 3 year finance strategy that supports growth in the UK and Kenya
- Build a financial profile of existing partners and funding sources to see where further funds can be sourced from
- Work closely with the CEO to decide on the type of organisation they should be registered as in the UK
- Liaise with the CEO and Kenyan accountant to discuss finances as they currently stand
- Collaborate to develop a finance strategy
AfID are leading specialists in supporting NGOs operating globally with their financial management capacity & recruitment needs.
For more information about this role and similar opportunities in the UK and overseas, please visit https://www.afid.org.uk/intro/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's