16 days ago
Are you passionate about bringing together the business and charitable worlds to make both more effective? Are you looking to join a professional organisation tackling disadvantage across a range of social issues?
Pilotlight are an award-winning charity transforming communities across the UK with a mission to help charities help more people more effectively. By connecting business executives (Pilotlighters) with charity leaders through expertly managed programmes, they provide the skills and support charities need to thrive. Since 2003, they have worked with over 1,800 business leaders to support over 800 charities and social enterprises.
We are looking for individuals particularly experienced in the fields of marketing and HR, who are willing to dedicate time and energy to our cause and who share our passion for Pilotlight to grow and become even more successful.
- Ratify the organisation’s mission and vision supported by a strategic plan as submitted by the chief executive
- Enhance the organisation’s profile and public image
- Ensure solvency, adequate financial resources, effective financial oversight and sound risk management
- Formulate policies to govern organisational activity
- Approve and monitor the organisation’s programmes and services
In addition to the above, trustees are expected to:
- Act as an informal spokesperson for the purposes and aspirations of Pilotlight
- Actively serve on one committee utilising their expertise and interest areas - committee membership will be rotated from time to time.
- Attend all board meetings (cannot miss two meetings in a row)
- Upon appointment attend trustee induction session
- To become active, fee-paying Pilotlighters if this is not already the case
Experience & qualities required
In the current round of recruitment we are specifically seeking trustees with experience in one of the following areas:
The successful candidate will support Pilotlight’s ambition to raise our profile and increase brand recognition. The future trustee will have significant experience which will likely have been earned by holding a senior position in a corporate or a marketing agency.
One of the key audiences for recruitment of Pilotlighters is the People Director or Head of Executive Development within a company. In order for us to be more effective at communicating with this market we are seeking to recruit an experienced HR professional who can work with our Partnerships team to help us develop our approach. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of executive development within a corporate entity.
Trustees are asked to attend Board meetings quarterly in the evenings; sub-committee meetings - 6 times a year during office hours and some other events during the year.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
As a Trustee you will have an important and crucial role in supporting Pilotlight in our next stage of growth.
If you have the desire, the passion and the skills to make a difference, we'd like to hear from you!
How to Apply
Interested volunteers will be expected to provide a CV together with a covering letter outlining their interest in, and suitability to the role. Applications should be made via Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
Deadline: 27th Sep 2019