North Leeds Fundraising Group - Member
|Job Title:||North Leeds Fundraising Group - Member|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Claire Priestwood|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 07:48|
We're currently setting up a new and exciting Alzheimer's Research UK Fundraising Group for the North Leeds area and we're currently looking for volunteers who would like to join. Our Fundraising Groups act as local ambassadors in their areas, organising local events such as coffee mornings, race nights and collections, displaying posters in local businesses and encouraging clubs, community groups, schools and other individuals to support us.
Our Fundraising Groups are such important volunteers to us. They allow us to have a greater presence across the UK which we wouldn’t otherwise have. Groups raise funds and vital awareness amongst their local communities.
If you’ve got what it takes and would like to join our new and exciting North Leeds Fundraising Group, you’ll be involved in:
- Attending regular Fundraising Group meetings
- Display posters to help advertise and promote the groups events and activities
- Help to organise local events and activities
- Keep up to date with the latest news and activities from ARUK and helping to support and promote other ARUK events in the area
- Help raise awareness through the Fundraising Groups actvities
No matter how busy your lifestyle, this role can will fit around your commitments. You can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Numeracy and book keeping skills
- Honesty and reliability
- An ability to be a strong team player
- A passion for the work of Alzheimer’s Research UK