Non-Executive Directors at Evolution Academy Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Directors at Evolution Academy Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2020 17:08|
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Norwich? Evolution Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Evolution Academy Trust supports over 3,800 pupils aged 3-11, across twelve primary schools (including 2 infant schools and 4 with a nursery) across the neighbouring counties of Norfolk and Suffolk, within the areas of Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Saxmundham and Lowestoft. The trust's ethos and rationale centres on outcomes for its pupils. It believes in an open model of school-to-school support and all schools in the trust are treated equally as they seek to support and challenge each other.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- Property/real estate OR
- Education leadership OR
- Senior executive leadership (CEO/CFO)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Ensuring standards continue to rise against a backdrop of COVID.
- Securing the right priorities, models and resource use in the trust during a period of significant growth.
- Ensuring the trust is ready for the future in a changing landscape.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunity page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's