Non-executive Director - Summit Learning Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive Director - Summit Learning Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Non-executive Director - Summit Learning Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2020 13:31|
Summit Learning Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Birmingham? Summit Learning Trust seeks up to three non-executive directors/trustees to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
A multi-academy trust with eight academies, Summit Learning Trust currently comprises both Primary and Secondary provision, as well as a Sixth Form College. The trust seeks up to three trustee/non-executive directors, specifically possessing skills and expertise from the fields of Finance, HR and/or Branding/Marketing. Board meetings are held predominantly at the trust offices located at Ninestiles School, Acocks Green, Birmingham.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- Finance and/or Audit
- Branding/Marketing/ Communications
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Recovery from the impact and legacy of the Covid-19 outbreak;
- Educational outcomes - ensuring, through the recruitment and retention of excellent teachers, an improvement in the quality of education and outcomes for pupils;
- Financial security - centralisation of key functions and funding projects underway;
- Expanded reach – growing the trust in order for it to support and collaborate with a range of other schools and trusts; community engagement across its diverse communities, helping to position parents as a key part of their children's education.
In addition, SLT is now faced with a new unprecedented challenge of determining and establishing a ‘new normal’ for delivering education following the Covid-19 pandemic.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please visit www.academyambassadors.org for more information on the role - a full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/summit-learning-trust
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-executive director/Trustee at Khalsa Academies Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at Tapton School Academy Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at The White Hills Park Trust
0 - 0
0 - 0 Unpaid