Non-executive director-South Orpington Learning Alliance (SOLA)
|Job Title:||Non-executive director-South Orpington Learning Alliance (SOLA)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Non-executive director- (SOLA)|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2020 16:20|
South Orpington Learning Alliance (SOLA)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bromley? South Orpington Learning Alliance seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Based in Bromley, South Orpington Learning Alliance consists of six primary schools, offering excellent education to 1,850 children and hosting 350 staff. Two of the schools provide small provisions, one for severe and complex difficulties and one to support pupils with speech and learning difficulties. The trust manages an annual income of £10M and is well positioned to seek meaningful partnerships with other trusts.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in
- CFO/finance/ audit
- legal or
- human resources/ restructuring or
- growth/change management or
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To drive engagement and unity across all trust schools, ensuring that the trust governance model is fully embedded
- To support its growth strategy by deepening the strategic skill set of the board of trustees and executive leadership.
- To work towards a financially sustainable workforce model across all trust schools whilst maintaining at least 'good' standards of teaching and learning
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org