Non-executive director/Trustee role at Hales Valley Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director/Trustee role at Hales Valley Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2020 09:48|
Hales Valley Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Are you a CFO looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Hales Valley Trust in Halesowen seeks one non-executive director/ trustee to join its board. Board meetings are held at Lutley Primary School, B63 1BU when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
A qualified accountant with a proven track record operating the highest level in a CFO/Finance position is required by Hales Valley Trust, a five-school primary-specific multi-academy trust serving over 2,200 students in Halesowen, West Midlands. In addition to several objectives focused on educational outcomes over the coming 12-18 months, growth is a long-term aim and robust independent business expertise are sought to assist in this. Trust board meetings are held at Lutley Primary School, Halesowen but will be conducted remotely for the immediate future.
The board seeks one business leaders with board level experience in
- finance at CFO level (with accountancy qualifications)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ofsted outcomes - to secure ‘Good’ Ofsted outcomes in the remaining two schools which are due inspections and to improve outcomes at the end of KS2 in reading, writing and maths;
- Leadership - to secure effective and stable leadership at Headteacher level in all five schools across the trust.
- Financial - to ensure a strong financial base for growth.
Over the longer term, the trust aspires to grow beyond its existing five schools in order to both maintain high standards for the existing population but also to help improve outcomes for children in the wider area. Ensuring suitable governance arrangements are in place to achieve this is a key goal.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's