Non-executive director/Trustee at The White Hills Park Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director/Trustee at The White Hills Park Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 14:32|
The White Hills Park Trust in Nottingham seeks up to four non-executive directors/trustees with skills in Finance/Audit; HR; Corporate Governance or Change Management to join its board. Board meetings are held at NG9 3GA when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The White Hills Park Trust is currently comprised of four schools located in two clusters on the outskirts of Nottingham, with a fifth set to join on May 1st. Bramcote College, Alderman White School and John Clifford School are located across Bramcote and Beeston, and The Florence Nightingale Academy and Springbank Academy are in Eastwood.
The Springbank Academy recently joined the trust on April 1st 2021, and there are currently plans being consolidated for a new site for Bramcote College to be built, following from successful negotiations with the Nottinghamshire County Council, as well as the joining of John Clifford School to the trust at the start of May.
All the schools in the trust were Ofsted rated as Good in their most recent inspections.
The trust employs 350 staff and supports the education of 2600 pupils, with a budget of approx. £18m. Overall, the number of students eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and Pupil Premium (PP) – both indicators of deprivation – is above national averages, and the number of pupils studying English as an Additional Language (EAL) and identified as having Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) are broadly in line with national averages.
‘We are a group of academies united in our mission to provide the very best opportunities for young people, with shared values, shared commitment to our locality and shared commitment to excellent outcomes. We are a pathfinder Trust for the Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education, and embody the values of the Framework in our daily work.’
The board seeks four business leaders with board level experience in:
- Audit and Financial Management
- Corporate Governance
- Change Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Expansion – Having recently grown to incorporate another school, and soon to take on another, the trust aims to continue expanding and assimilating new schools, whilst ensuring that it continues to provide an extensive and efficient central service.
- Development of School Improvement Capacity – The trust seeks to continue to reach beyond its own schools and add to local capacity, as well as further cementing its cross-phase nature.
- New Build – Following successful negotiations with the local county council, the trust will be maintaining oversight of the new build of one of the secondary schools, financed through the sale of unused former playing fields.
‘We aim to be a locally-based Trust of 12-15 schools, sharing a common ethos and strong values. We want to retain school autonomy, but with a strong collective ethos. We would like to develop an Alternative Provision to support pupils at risk of exclusion. We will deliver a broad and rich curriculum, with a strong focus on the Arts, Languages and Sports.’
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's