Non-executive director/Trustee at The Priestley Academy Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director/Trustee at The Priestley Academy Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2021 11:56|
This is an opportunity to contribute to the community within Bradford by becoming a Trustee and Academy Ambassador at The Priestley Academy Trust. Board meetings are held at BD9 5DF when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Priestley Academy Trust was formed in 2016 to create a local solution in providing outstanding education, and to enable its schools to work together, increasing capacity for embedding and sustaining real school improvement for the benefit of its learners. The trust’s five primary schools are located within 5 minutes’ drive of each other in the heart of Manningham in the city of Bradford and are all recently Ofsted rated Good. The trust employs 250 staff across these schools to support 2300 pupils, with a budget of approx. £3.5m.
The trust’s five core values are respect, responsibility, excellence, compassion and collaboration, and its mission is to develop all pupils as both academic and well rounded, independent young people, equipped with the understanding, attitudes, skills and behaviours necessary to succeed in life. The trust strives to ensure that its learners are prepared to succeed in secondary school, higher education, employment and their family and community life.
The board seeks up to two business leaders with board level experience in:
- Strategic Leadership in Education
- Business/Financial Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Development – The trust’s founding CEO, Kevin Holland will retire in the Summer of 2021 and a new CEO has been appointed for September 2021. This allows the trust the opportunity to refocus its vision and revisit its purpose as an organisation.
- Recovery – The pandemic has affected the progress of all students across the country, and the trust, both academically and pastorally. The trust will be addressing the challenge of helping its children to recover from the lost learning over the coming months and years.
- Expansion – The trust has remained as the founding five schools since 2016, but has carried out a variety of school to school leadership deployments in neighbouring authorities. As such, the trust’s central services have significantly developed, and the trust is now looking to expand and recruit new schools to join them in the coming years.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which at The Priestley Academy Trust involves attending 8 meetings per academic year, amounting to approximately 3 hours of work a month. Board meetings are currently held via virtual means.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's