Non-executive director/Trustee at The Gallery Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director/Trustee at The Gallery Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2021 11:58|
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Oxford? The Gallery Trust seeks two non-executive directors/Trustees to join its board. Board meetings are held at OX4 4DU when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
A six-school trust, with an additional two resource bases operating across Oxfordshire, The Gallery Trust is dedicated to providing outstanding education and support for young people with special needs and disabilities. The trust currently employs 449 staff members to support 653 Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) learners across its sites, with a budget of approx. £13m. Three of the trust’s schools are Ofsted Good, with a fourth rated Outstanding. The remaining two are yet to receive an updated Ofsted inspection, but were in special measures prior to joining the trust.
The board seeks two business leaders, one with board level experience in finance/accountancy, and the other a flexible skill-set:
- Financial Management with Accountancy qualifications
- IT/Technology OR
- Legal/Compliance OR
- Real Estate/Property
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ensuring that the MAT's infrastructure, governance and financial arrangements continue to effectively promote the trust's objectives, vision and values at a time of growth and expansion.
- Developing and consolidating the relationship with the Local Authority and other stakeholders, including the DfE (Department for Education) and RSC (Regional Schools Commissioner), and establishing the position of the trust as a key strategic partner in improving outcomes for pupils with SEND in Oxfordshire.
- Consolidating the trust's position as a key employer of SEND staff in the county, embedding a successful workforce development strategy that includes recruitment, succession planning, developing future leaders and career development
The trust’s future plans include consolidation of existing provision, and expansion through converting schools, sponsor schools, satellite provision and resource bases. Notable plans include two free special schools in the pre-opening phase.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Inspire Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at NEAT Academy Trust
Newcastle upon Tyne
0 - 0
Trustee - Multi Academy Trust
Trustees | The Edge Foundation
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses paid
Deputy Honorary Treasurer, British Institute at Ankara