Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Orbis Education Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Orbis Education Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2021 11:20|
Orbis is a new multi-academy trust formed by the coming together of Southfield School for Girls in Kettering and Kingsthorpe college in Northampton, both secondary schools with a Good Ofsted rating and with a total of 2380 pupils. The trust also has approval for a new Free School in Kettering. Its aim is to create a strong and mutually supportive group of like-minded schools in the region, dedicated to improving the outcomes and life chances of all its pupils.
Schools within The Orbis Trust should be centres of excellence and innovation where a balance of academic learning and personal development is taught and fostered by highly motivated staff. An ethos of excitement, curiosity and discovery is engendered, leading to motivated, fully engaged and independent pupils, who understand the changing world and its challenges.
The trust serves around 2,380 pupils, with 285 staff. It has a budget or around £13.5m.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
- Financial Management (Qualified Accountant) OR
- Human Resources OR
- Entrepreneurial and Business Management AND
- Strategic Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Supporting pupils returning after the COVID disruptions and preparing years 10 and 12 for exams next year.
- Securing World Class status and an outstanding Ofsted rating for Southfield School.
- Establishing and developing the Orbis MAT, finding synergies between the two schools that can be leveraged to increase the percentage of total budget spent on teaching and learning.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
When you select Apply now you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors website where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, and details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Chair of the Board of Governors | The Northern College for Residential Adult Education
Independent Board Director | Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses paid
Hon Treasurer, Small Charity
0 - 0
FE College Governor
0 - 0