Non-executive director/Trustee at Khalsa Academies Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director/Trustee at Khalsa Academies Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 14:46|
Khalsa Academies Trust in Slough seeks four non-executives/directors with experience in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND); HR; Legal and Finance to join its board. Board meetings are held at SL2 4QB when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The trust aims to provide inclusive outstanding schools based on Sikh values that inspire students to excel both academically and spiritually. Within the three schools of the trust, 75% of the pupil cohorts are Sikhs and the further 25% of students are from a wide range of faiths and backgrounds.
The trust provides support to local schools and places importance on school improvement, staff development, and enabling young people to excel. The leadership team support schools in meeting the challenges of rising expectations through mutually supportive intervention and training. The trust takes responsibility for financial and resource management that delivers efficiency, effectiveness and economies of scale, so that schools can concentrate on the education provided.
The board seeks four business leaders with board level experience in
- Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) or
- HR or
- Legal or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Post Covid Recovery
- Educational standards – turning schools rated ‘Good’ into ‘Outstanding’ schools.
- Financial management – ensuring budgets are maintained and forecasted to allow for a surplus of funds.
- Brand improvement – build and improve upon the reputation of the trust across all stakeholders.
In the longer term the trust aims to open a further five schools in various locations across England
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/khalsa-academies-trust-2
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's