Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Inspire Education Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Inspire Education Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2021 10:11|
Inspire Education Trust is located in Coventry, West Midlands. It is a growing multi-academy trust comprising five primary academies and a recently-joined secondary academy - Blue Coat School and Music College - which joined in April 2020. The trust has around 3,800 pupils on roll and 500 staff, with a budget of £25mn/pa.
Inspire Education Trust grew from a shared belief that children deserve a first-class education so that each individual pupil understands what they are capable of, what talents they have, and strives for excellence in themselves in order to succeed in the next stage of their education and the world of work.
The name “Inspire Education Trust” symbolically reflects the beating heart of the Multi-Academy Trust. A community of schools that have shared values and share an essential common ethos and vision for education and learning, as encapsulated in the Trust’s values.
The board seeks a business leader with board level experience in
- Financial Management AND/OR
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Post-Covid recovery
- Governance – building a governing board capable and sufficiently skilled to strategically manage the rapid growth of the trust, hold the CEO to account and ensure the finances are managed effectively as the Trust grows
- Strategic Development Plan (trust-level) – a three to five-year plan, aligning to that of the Trust’s schools has been developed
- Financial sustainability – the trustee role will include approving the budget for the academy trust, monitoring and evaluating the Trust’s financial performance and staffing structures.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
- As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Once you select the option to apply you will be directed to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where further trust details and a full role specification are available.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Governor | Inspire Education Group
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses paid
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at NEAT Academy Trust
Newcastle upon Tyne
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Mercian Educational Trust
0 - 0
Deputy Honorary Treasurer, British Institute at Ankara
0 - 0