Non-executive director/Trustee at Great Academies Education Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director/Trustee at Great Academies Education Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2020 12:10|
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Ashton-under-Lyme? Great Academies Education Trust seeks one non-executive/director to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Great Academies Education Trust (GAET) is a multi-academy trust (MAT) with academies in Tameside and Rochdale (Greater Manchester). It comprises three secondaries – Copley Academy, Middleton Technology School and Great Academy Ashton - and one primary, Silver Springs Primary Academy. The trust serves communities in which there is considerable deprivation and the percentage of learners eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant is high (up to 50%). There are a significant number of learners within the trust for whom English is an additional language, particularly at Great Academy Ashton. The trust seeks to drive improvement in pupil outcomes and develop the highest quality of leadership across all academies.
The board seeks one business leader with expertise in
- Risk or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Improving pupil outcomes at all schools within the trust. The trust is already seeing significant and sustained improvements in two academies, since the last inspections.
- Improving the quality of leadership and management at all levels in order to build overall and sustainable capacity for further improvement. One school in particular has an entirely new senior leadership team; where the trust seeks to provide a sustained focus.
- The MAT has decided to withhold any further growth/expansion until the desired improvements in its focus schools are realised. However the board and executive team intend that the trust has the capacity to expand within the next two years.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to: email@example.com.
A full trust specification is available at: https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-executive director/Trustee at Khalsa Academies Trust
Scholars' Education Trust - Trustee
0 - 0
Non-executive director/Trustee at Tapton School Academy Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at The White Hills Park Trust
0 - 0 Unpaid